Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Prep and Surviving

Well it is that time of year. Disney has a new Christmas special called Prep and Landing and sometimes I feel like the title of our movie should be busy doing the prep and just barely surviving. We have been busy packing everything we can in to December so we can enjoy it all. We took the kids to the mall to sit on Santa's lap, but this year we weren't able to get a picture because you are no longer allowed to take a picture with your own camera unless you purchase one of their picture packages. What a rip off! Not to mention their Santa stinks. He was definitely not a jolly ol elf.

So we decided they needed a good Santa experience so we and some friends took the kids to the River Walk to see Santa and ride a boat with him. The girls were so excited and enjoyed every minute of it. Karter was not sure about the whole Santa things.
We made our traditional batch of Christmas cookies. I have decided that Mom's that swear they love baking and decorating cookies with their children either have to be lying or on something. The girls could not get the concept of cutting the cookies as close as possible. Also, I am still finding reminders of Christmas cookie sprinkles everywhere. Oh well, we made memories. Hopefully in their years to come they remember the fact that we made cookies together and forget the minor details of their mother loosing her patience and yelling at them.
Karter finally got some snow boots of his own. He no longer has to be traumatized by having to wear pink boots. Although maybe he like it, it went well with his decapitate barbies. Anyway, he LOVES his boots. We tried them on and then he refused to take them off. It was pretty cute.
Aubrie had her Christmas concert. She was Soooo excited to be able to perform. In one song she was able to play the Bass Xylophone. That was so exciting for her. If you can't understand the words don't worry your not going crazy it is in Spanish.

4 comments:

Hanson Family said...

We did the boat ride with Santa too. The kids had a blast. We had a different Santa then you guys but he was very good.

PML said...

I wish we knew about that boat ride a few years ago. I was just looking on Kim's blog and telling her that I think that is something the kids will always remember. Looks like tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen...so nice to hear from you! Your blog is adorable! We are super excited to be parents in July! I am excited to keep in touch with ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen...so nice to hear from you! Your blog is adorable! We are super excited to be parents in July! I am excited to keep in touch with ya!