Friday, August 15, 2008

School Days!!!!!

My baby started to school today. Aubrie is now officially a Kindergartner. She was so excited. Last night she came up to me and said "Mom I heard you talking to people on the phone about being sad about me going to school. But you don't have to be sad because I will still love you. I just think it is time for me to make some new friends." I think that was her way of telling me it's not about you it is all about me!!! She was up this morning at 6:45 a.m. asking if today she could go to school. I wonder how long this will last? She was excited to wear her uniform. And I have to admit she looked pretty cute. I was feeling a little sad all morning and I have to admit I felt worse when she asked for Angelo to take her to school. What????? Am I not the mother? The one that has fed you, clothed you, loved you!!!! I guess I had a hard time with it because I am a big mama's girl. But I am over it now. I am glad she has a Dad that loves her and was excited to be part of her big day. She wanted to ride the bus home so we let her. School is over at 11:30 and I thought because we lived so close to the school that she would be the first one home. I was wrong. We had to wait for almost an hour for her to get home. Karlee was so happy to see her get off the bus she ran to met her. I thinking she probably won't be riding the bus too often.Karlee excited to see her sister!!!
Karlee awaiting her sisters arrival.


The school girl!

4 comments:

UreFam said...

You're right, she is pretty cute in her uniform. Wow, she looks so big. *sniff, sniff*

Elise and Dan said...

She does look so cute in her uniform! Did you cut her hair, or does it look shorter because it's straight? I think that is so cute that Karlee was waiting so anxiously for her big sister!

Nancy said...

How cute! I love the picture of Karlee waiting for Aubrie with an umberella in the rain. That is so sweet. You have a cute family :)

Sandi said...

Our babies are getting TOO old. Austin starts school on Monday and Emma a week later. (I thought Austin started early but Pueblo West starts REALLY early.)She does look cute and Karlee is sweet waiting for her best friend. I love it!!