Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Home improvement


I have been such a blog slacker. I haven't posted because my camera batteries are dead and we have misplaced or lost Angelo's cameras battery charger. Anyway I finally got around to finding some new batteries. The end of January Angelo woke up one Saturday and decided he was going to tile our kitchen. We have talked about doing it for a long time but we had never got around to it. So we went to Lowe's just to look at tile. 2 hours later we left with tile and a major project. I was so worried about how it would turn out, beings that Angelo's tile experience was VERY limited. The weekend before valentines day Angelo sent me and the kids off to my parents. We decided that was probably best if we wanted to stay married. We had a great weekend there. Angelo's Dad came up and helped him on Friday and Saturday. When we got home we had a tiled floor and I must say it looks fabulous. I don't know why I ever doubt Angelo's abilities. He is pretty handy to have around. Come to find out it was a blessing that he had the itch to tile the floor because when he pulled the dishwasher out it had been leaking. A seal from underneath must have been cracked the floor was wet underneath and it had started to mold. So as a bonus I got a new dishwasher.
Before
After



The entry way

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It turned out good. I'm a little jealous of Angelo's handiness. Josh did finally get the hole done for the trampoline.. of course he still has to put it back together.

Sandi said...

Wow - looks great!!!