Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Aubrie inherited the bad genes


A couple of weeks ago Aubrie came home from school saying that she was having a hard time seeing the board and that her eyes hurt. All I could think was oh no not glasses. So I made her stand clear across the house and showed her magnet letters from the frig. She seemed to be able to read them fine so I passed it off. Then I went to her valentines party as the teacher was showing them flash card with their site words on them I noticed her blinking way more then she should. So we had to make a trip to the eye Doctor. Just as I feared she inherited mine and Angelo's bad genes. She has astigmatism in her right eye and her left eye was over compensating for it. He said it was a good thing we took her because sometimes it can end up making one of her eyes lazy. We had quite the eyeglass picking out session. They had way too many choices. And who would think that a 5 year old would have such and opinion of what she would and wouldn't wear. We were able to agree on 3 pairs and then she got the final say. The glasses she picked weren't in stock so I had to listen to her ask everyday all day for the last 5 days "are my glasses in yet?" I am glad that she is excited for them and feels good about them. I am sure it won't last for ever.

6 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

Aubrie looks adorable in her new glasses! She chose well!

Anonymous said...

She does look cute, though glasses stink... hopefully it takes her a long time to realize that.

Unknown said...

She looks beautiful in her new glasses! I love the pink too, with sparkles! :)

The Thompson's: said...

Hey, Those glasses totally fit her. Very cute.

Nancy said...

Aubrie looks so cute in her new glasses. I was 5 and in Kindergarten when I first got glasses. My first pair where green and UGLY! Hers are so cute!

Sandi said...

She does look way cute in them. The "joy" of wearing glasses has not worn off with Emma. She still loves them - and I think they help her so much, she can't stand NOT to ware them. I love that Aubrie's are purple. You had purple glasses too!