Monday, October 6, 2008

Award winning Pumpkin????

We decided we better go ahead and pick every thing that was left in our garden. We had heard it was suppose to start freezing tonight. So when Angelo got home from work we went to work. Several people from Angelo's work had decided to have a giant pumpkin contest this year. Every one planted pumpkins to see who could grow the biggest. I am not sure if Angelo won or not. But we are pretty proud of our pumpkin it is the biggest one we have ever grown. Including that pumpkin we got 14 pumpkins all together. We are thankful for what we did get from our garden this year because I noticed the pumpkins at Wal-mart the other day were $5.00 per pumpkin. We are sad to see the garden and the produce come to an end. The girls are already looking forward to planting the garden next year.

Can you believe the pumpkin weighs 60lbs?

4 comments:

Nancy said...

That's a BIG pumpkin! It is so bright orange, too! I hope you win the contest! It's fun to see how differant they all come out. I like that tall one. You'll have some cool Jack-o-lanterns! Happy carving!

Sandi said...

Holy crap that's a HUGE pumpkin. You're going to have some really cool jack-o-lanterns!

PML said...

Is there some kind of "giant pumpkin" seed or what? I think I'd break my back trying to roll that thing around, let alone pick it up. Seth's mom has a pumpkin stand and makes lots of $$$ from those things. You should try it for the girls next year since they love it so much. Because I'm sure you have tons of free time to do a business. ha ha

Unknown said...

holy smokes, that is one big beautiful pumpkin! Thanks so much for the ones you guys shared too, we love them!