We spent the weekend at my parents house. Angelo, Bart, Nathan, Bill and Jeremy Daughtery went hunting. Their hunting trip was a bust. But from the stories it sounds like they still had fun. While we were there the girls got a lesson on being a farmer. Since all the boys were hunting we went to help my Dad haul hay bales. This has not been one of my favorite things ever since I was a teenager and had to do it. It was always a scary thing to have the responsibility of hauling any where from 12 to 16 one ton bales on the back of a trailer not tied down to the hay stack. I remember one time dumping them in the ditch and getting a cussing. I think after that I was officially fired from the job until this weekend. My Dad must have been very desperate. I can definitely say I have a stronger testimony of pray after this weekend. Both me and my mom said that every time we headed to the hay stack we prayed the entire way because we had to cross over a very bridge and make a very sharp turn right after that. Both Karlee and Aubrie got to ride in the tractor with Papa. Karlee loved it and has decided she wants to be a farmer. Aubrie asked if she was a farmers wife if she would have to do that kind of work. I told her yes. She then said "Well I guess I won't marry a farmer".
Trying to fix the tractor
Aubrie eating Oats
Karter hauling bales(he was such a good boy!!!!)
Farmer Karlee
Loading the trailer
4 weeks ago








9 comments:
I have to admit that I'm not the best farmers wife (but I think Karlee will be). The only thing they let me do is haul bales (and I always manage to mess something up, usually because I drive too fast) but it is kinda fun! Isn't fall a fun time of year. Hunting and hauling hay:)
Way to go girls!! I'm proud of all of you for getting out there and working - even Karter!
I agree with Aubrie! I am so glad I did not marry a farmer, though I grow up around them.
Hi my BFFFFF! Here's my comment.
PS, what's the "twilight addict" thing on your sidebar? Does it just mean you're a night owl, or is there a secret meaning I'm not aware of?
That looks like so much fun..for maybe a day! I think I could only handle a day of that kind of work and labor! That is cute that the girls got to get in on the fun.
Kasi, my BFFFFFFFF :) the addiction is the books I told you about. You have to read them.
Kristin,
Hey there. Cute pics. I was just wondering how you change the settings in the blog to tell you when someone updates their blog.
That is scary, to haul all those bails of hay. Once you dumped them in a ditch huh? ha ha j/k
Post a Comment